A New Vision!
So, this past weekend when Andrew and I were down towards Muskingum River with his folks, on our way back we were just sitting in the car enjoying the ride and each other's company. At the exact same time we thought the same thing...they are in desperate NEED of a church there. The closest Apostolic church is a good ways off, especially for those who live up in the hills. Andrew has always had a desire to be a preacher/pastor. No one seems to see it in him except me and a few others. I've read and heard some of the things that he's written in the way of sermons and just ideas on Scriptures and they're wonderful. He's always been told that he can't do it simply because of his dislexia. Yes, he has it, but it can't stop him from doing what he wants to do. He and I both agreed that after we're married for a little while we would absolutely LOVE to go down there and start a church. A scary thought, me and him being Pastor and Pastor's wife! Haha. But honestly, I think it would be an incredible way to reach his family and all of their friends there. One reason they won't go to church is because of the distance, and this would just aid in that situation. We talked about it alot and if everything were to work the way we think it will, we hope to be married by this coming year...at the latest in Spring '08. I want to finish my college training at COTC and OU before I make any moves because I know if I stop now I'll never get back to it. That way, while we're there I can get a job at one of the zillions of hospitals around there. He can work soo many places around there, there are a ton of construction companies around that area, which would be fine for him. The houses around there are fairly cheap and the taxes are reasonable compared to around here. So between the two of us, we would be pretty well off. At first, we would most likely hold services in our home while we attempt to obtain a building, even if it's very small, it'd be less cramped than our living room! I've been in the music ministry for YEARS. I sing fairly well and play some on the piano and I do expressive signing, which all wrapped up would make a decent worship service for what we would have, which wouldn't be much at first. The piano playing, yeah I have to work on that, but ya know, it's outreach, it'd be starting something that they don't have and probably wouldn't have if not for us.
It's simply a dream right now that seems to be blossoming into a vision to us. I felt a tingle in me when we were talking about it. I always wanted to live in the country, and I always wanted to be able to reach out to others. Lord only knows if it's truly in His plan for our lives, but the only way to find out is to live life, work towards it, and most of all, pray deeply about it!
Goodnight to all and to all a good night!
Love you all greatly!
Andrew and I's discovery
When we first found her, you can see my hand in the corner reaching for her!
Andrew and Rosie cuddling!
This one is right after she let me pick her up! She's so cute!
This past weekend Andrew and I went down to Morgan County/Zanesville to visit with his family a little and to work on his Camaro. It was a fun weekend! We came home this afternoon and decided we wanted to go out to one of the parks around here and take some pictures. Well, when we got there there was a truck pulling out very fast and it seemed like he was running from something, there was just an odd feeling about it. Well, we pulled in and got out and were heading down a little path. We saw something moving in the grass and here came "Rosie." We think he dropped her off there. She came right up to me and I checked her collar for a tag but she didn't have one. She was an indoor cat simply because of her demeanor and the way she looked, so we knew she was either missing or dropped off recently. We took her up and down Coonpath asking people if she was theirs. Everyone said no and said they had never seen a cat like her before. A guy back at the park said he had seen kittens that looked like her but none of them had a collar, and she did. So we brought her home and now she's cuddled up asleep on my bed by Andrew. She's the sweetest little cat! I usually hate cats, so does Andrew, but we love her to peices. I don't know if I'll be able to keep her or not yet, but I'm hoping!!!
In the words of my daddy, my "defining moment"
So Tuesday evening was just like any other night. I had just gotten off of work and was just leaving Andrew's house to go to school. I turned down the typical road to go home but it was anything but typical. I looked down to turn the radio station and looked up and saw a mailbox. I was off of the road. I wasn't sure what to do except I knew I had to get back on the road. So I turned the wheel left, and headed straight for a cemetery, so i turned the wheel right and my car did a complete spin and went sideways into a ditch/field. My entire passenger side came up off of the ground and I almost flipped, but Praise God i didnt. I was terrified and it really did become my defining moment. It made me realize that life isn't promised and that you aren't promised the next second more or less the next day. I've always been taught that but never fully realized it until Tuesday evening. Thank the Lord my car is still driveable and I'm okay. The only thing wrong with me is I'm terrified of back roads and my arm is a little banged up. I'm going to the doctor today so I'll find out what's wrong and ,keep you posted.
Thank you Jesus for you never-ending mercy, grace and protection. You definitly had Your hand upon me!
A week in the life...
Of a hard working adult! Dear me, the past 3 weeks have been so long. Working 30 plus hours a week is insane. Last week I worked 40.25 hours. Talk about tiring. Running after those little ones all day is enough to tucker the most energetic of young people out! Well I guess I should be reviewing things that have been happening lately, huh?
*Well, last Friday, August 18th was Andrew and I's one year anniversary! All at once now, "Awww!" *grin* We were both so exhausted from working all day and all week and didn't have too much to spend on each other but we managed to get our tired bodies out to eat at TGI Friday's. He told me I could order whatever I wanted so we both ate to our tummy's content. Then we gave each other what we had bought for one another. He bought me a BEAUTIFUL silver watch with a pink face with 3 silver hearts. It's gorgeous and I wear it CONSTANTLY except when I wash my hands or take a shower, or swim if that be the case! What was funny is as soon as I looked at it I thought of the gift I bought for him. I bought him a handsome silver and blue pocket-watch. He used to have one that his grandfather gave to him and it was the only thing he had ever given to him, but he lost it a couple of years ago and has been wanting one ever since, so I figured no better person to get it for him than me since his grandpa is no longer with us, right? He was so happy that his eyes teared up. He carries it with him constantly too. It's so cute! I love going to work and getting off of work because he takes me and picks me up every day. He's such a warm hug and bright smile to leave from and go to after a long day. He's so precious to me. Thank You Lord for blessing me with such a man!
*Work is stressful sometimes. There are definitely good days and bad days, but I adore my kids, even the bad ones! My boss is very understanding of my college plans and is flexible with my scheduling, thank the Lord! I work in a church environment so that is very good for me considering I don't have much time for church activities with work and school. I go to church Sunday morning and usually night*unless I have to babysit or have something pressing going on*. So I enjoy being with Christian people and being by the sanctuary. Usually on my lunch breaks I have around 15 minutes left of my 30 minute break and I will go into the sanctuary and pray. It's relaxing and keeps me in spiritual check.
* I had my first college class today! Oh my word, college is boring so far! Haha, I had a supposed-to-be 4 hour class but she took it down to 3 because of the breaks. She pretty well put them all at the end except 10 minutes here and there so that we could leave early. I start my quarter classes on the 5th of September at the Pickerington Center. I'm excited but incredibly nervous because I don't know ANYONE, I have NO idea where to go or what to do. It's just nerve-wracking. I also screwed up my social security # which has been horrendous. I had to re-do all of my financial aid things and I still don't know what I'll be able to get. So, it's just really stressful for me to know that my parents are taking out money to pay for MY college education when I told them that they wouldn't need to pay for it, that I would get a student loan or something if I had to, but I guess they're just trying to help their baby girl on her feet.
* Welcome to the wonderful world of banking! My second paycheck was 4 days worth of work *i had had a day off that week* so I decided to open a checking account. It's definitely interesting! Keeping track of everything is insane! *grin* But the Lord's helping me!
Well I am exhausted from a very long and tiring day. If you want to know anything more about what's going on in my life just ask! Love you all and God bless!
Okay so, haven't been on here in like 2 or 3 weeks! Here are some updates...
* I now have a full-time job. I'm a pre-school teacher at a Christian Daycare in Reynoldsburg. It's hectic and gives me a headache almost every day but I love my kids to peices. I have 18 month to 36 month old babes for 8 hours a day! I'm a pro at time-out and "no" now...haha, you'll have that right? I work Monday through Friday and it's wonderful because I have weekends totally off no matter what and my boss is a great person about taking days off for Doctor's appointments and things like that, which I have on Thursday. My first day was last Thursday and I was so nervous. But now that I've had 4 days of routine and getting used to it I'm just one of the crew now. My co-workers are ALL Spanish! Haha, Jacqueline is from the Dominican Republic and has only lived here for a year, so she doesn't know much English. She helps me in my class but eventually she'll become my helper because I'll be teaching. Mrs. Dulce is also Spanish...she's from Puerto Rico. She's the older Pre-school teacher. The 3-5 year olds. She's hysterical and pregnant. It's so funny to see her walking around with her tummy because she's so small! Hilda is also Spanish, she's Jeremy's(a little boy in my class) mommy. She's a sweetheart. My boss Sara is also Spanish. But she's just as rotten as the next one. The only other co-worker on my side instead of the school-age side is Lisa, my future mother-in-law, Haha, go figure! She's the one who got me the job in the first place! Brother Pullin is also my boss...my OTHER boss and Pastor Tiller is my big time boss! haha. Talk about crazy right? Oh well, it's a pretty fun place to work and the days go by fairly quick!
* I start college in a few weeks! It'll be crazy going from a 9-5 job to a 6 o'clock class that ends at 8:15 and then go home and do the same over and over again Mon-Thurs. But I have to do somethin right? I have my first week of classes August 25-31. It's an optional course but it upped me to 13 credit hours so I'd still be eligible for financial aid. My real classes begin on September 5th. I take Human Biology on Monday and Wednesday and then Algebra on Tuesday and Thursday and have Friday's off which is nice. It'll be crazy, but it's only for 10 weeks. I think I'll make it okay! I won't be in church on Wednesdays for a long time, but there isn't much I can do about that at this point.
* My babies are growing up! My nephews are all getting old! haha. Gabriel turned 6 a couple of weeks ago and my baby doll Caleb is going to be 2 on the 11th. They're getting so big! Caleb hasn't been talking much and we think he may be mute, but last Wednesday he said "coke" and "cake" at Chuck E. Cheese's. I just about shouted in the middle of the place. I was so excited! :) I love 'em so much! I'll try to get some pictures of them put up soon!
* Andrew and I are doing wonderful! He's so sweet and I love him so much and I know he loves me too, no doubt about it. The 18th of this month will be our one-year anniversary. I'm so excited. He's pretty upset because he had to quit his job last week because of financial issues(his boss kept $75 dollars out of his paycheck...thats almost a full day of working hard up on a roof that he didn't get paid for!). Which I completely understand, but now he doesn't have the money to do anything for me for our anniversary which he wanted to do. He wanted to go all-out for me, but I told him he doesn't need to, just having him is enough. I mean yes, it would be nice to go out to a fancy dinner and just go out on the town for a night, but it's not something that I need. I have him and I know he loves me and I know what he thinks and feels about it so it doesn't matter.
* Family camp was wonderful this year!!! The services were incredible and the music was wonderful if I do say so myself...my church did the music! HA! :) Of course I thought it was great. But anyways, our signing team also got the opportunity to sign on Friday night in the main service, which was a BIG deal. It was awesome! We signed "hallelujah anyhow" by IBC and the whole congregation was on their feet, or at least it seemed that way from the stage. It was incredible!
This will end my ramble for today...I have some things I MUST attend to! God bless you all!!!
The Past couple days...
Monday was a GREAT day! It was nice and peaceful and I had the chance to talk to Kindra...which was wonderful! I love that girl so much. She called me and we talked for upwards of an hour. I did some laundry and cleaned some and kind of lazed around the house a bit which was nice after a busy week. That night I found out that Andrew's brother's girlfriend broke up with him. Dustin is probably crushed but we have no way of getting ahold of him to see how he's doing, so we've been keeping him in our prayers because he's already in a state of depression, which definitely causes me to worry! But the Lord knows.
Then Tuesday was another lazy day. I did a little more laundry and got myself cleaned up and put together and I went up to see my Andrew. We watched 3 movies by 9:00 haha. It was nice to just have a cuddle-on-the-couch kind of day with him instead of running all over creation like usual. We watched Rocky III & IV(his choices obviously, i'm definitely in love *grin*), and Bicentennial Man(my choice, he's definitely in love lol). All three were actually pretty decent movies and we laughed and carried on for the best part of the day. Then I came home and went to bed.
Today, Wednesday, I went to eat with my lovely Aunts! I love them all so much and we all always go out to eat for their birthdays. Today happened to be the celebration of my momma's 58th Birthday! She looks so wonderful for being that age. I promise she doesn't look a day over 50! And she definitely doesn't act it! :) Today was also my daddy's birthday. He's a whopping 59! :) I had a lot of fun with my aunts, as always, and we rescued a cute little turtle for my Aunt Cheryl's grandson Timmy. It was so funny.
We also had LeAnn come to our house and appraise it. I really don't want to move though. If they move even slightly away from Lancaster, I'm going to have to find a place of my own or something. I can't leave Lancaster right now at all. I'm going to college at OU-L in the fall, my church is here, my LIFE is here and about 25 minutes north of here(andrew). Mom and Dad talked about moving to Logan again. I'd die. Not only would it be a long commute to school and church for me since I'm so involved in everything, but it'd be the better part of an hour to see my sweetie, which I could hardly stand. So, if they end up moving, I'm not sure what I'll do honestly.
I'm still in the process of looking for a job. It's really not going so hot. I wish I could just snap my fingers and "POOF" there's a job, but that's impossible in this world. Oh well, God will open the right door in the right time, even though I really need a job now. God knows, and He'll show it to me when it's time I guess. Well, I'm hoppin off of here. Goodnight all!
A New Beginning...
Last night I went to church with Andrew and his family at Reynoldsburg. Lately I've been feeling very distant and basically un-emotional with church and my church friends*not sure how much that will change but that's another story* As I listened to the choir sing, I sat there and looked around me at everyone worshipping and singing the way I used to and I realized, "something HAS to change!" I'm tired of going to church and feeling like a bump on a pew. I'm sick of feeling distant from my Lord. Andrew and I have both been feeling this way so I talked to him about it and he agreed with me...something has to change. Neither of us have been where we need to be spiritually as individuals, or as a couple for a few months now and we just let it slide, let it happen, figured we'd come out of it eventually. Yes, we will come out of it, but only if we make an attempt to come out of it. I love the Lord, so much, I really do. He's brought me out of so much. He's saved me from so many things and has blessed me so much. So why haven't I been showing it? Why hasn't Drew? Why haven't we been showing the love of Christ as we should as a couple? Because we left an Amalekite.
Brother Tiller preached about how the Amalekites represent different types of evil spirits and sins and how when an Amalekite comes upon you to destroy you, you can't leave just one, you have to DESTROY them all! Andrew and I have both been killing off SOME Amalekites because we didn't want to get rid of all of them. "Oh well, I like this sin...or I like that sin." has been our motto for the past few months. But last night all of that changed. We realized that we both have to destroy the Amalekites that have been coming against us individually and as a couple. We prayed together, spoke in tongues together, and prayed over our relationship and asked God for strength and His mercy and forgiveness. Conviction overtook us last night and that was something we were both beginning to lose. Our convictions.
I've had a conviction about cutting my hair for a few years now. Not a scissor has touched my hair in about 3 or 4 years and God has blessed me through that. It's my sign of submission to my Lord and what causes the protection of His army of angels to be around me. That finally hit me again last night...I'll explain what I've been dealing with...
The past few months my hair has grown...A LOT. It's now to the point that I can hardly do anything with it and the ends are getting pretty bad and I can't hardly do my "pentecostal swoop" because of the length of my used-to-be bangs. I was sitting in my room watching T.V. one day and saw this haircut. It was long, whispy layers, and side bangs. I thought it was so cute. The ending length would have been to my mid-back. Then I thought, "No, everyone would look down on me and Andrew would get upset at me...I won't do it." And yesterday morning I was in my mom's room brushing out my hair and said, "My ends are so bad." And then I sat down on my mom's bed and told her how Kirsten got her hair cut and how cute it was and everything and told her that at the new Trade Secret in the mall a shampoo, cut and style is only 26 dollars. She said, "What? Are you thinking of cutting your hair?" And I just said "No, Andrew would kill me." When what I should have said was, "No, you know I'm convicted of that." But I didn't. Then when Brother Tiller preached that night, he preached that message RIGHT at me and after prayer, I became convicted once again. Thank the Lord!
I was also convicted of having a prayer life. I've been trying, but it's become so hard. With all the crazyness of life, I thought I didn't have time for one. But come on, I get on MySpace and my blog how many times a day? A zillion. I could take one or two of the times that I get online to pray and read the Word of God. I'm taking away spending time with the Lover of my soul...why am I depriving Him of time that He gave to me to spend with Him? Because I'm prideful and foolish. I used to know where every book of the Bible is...I don't anymore. I used to read the Word every night before I went to bed and my dreams were always pleasant and my life was blessed...I don't now and I've been having bad dreams and my life is still blessed, but not how it used to be. I've learned within one night that I NEED His Word, I need His blessing on my life. Those are only a few of the many things I've been dealing with individually the past few months, and there are more that Andrew has been dealing with and that we've been dealing with as a couple...but we won't go into all that.
I'm called, I'm annointed. God annointed me to sing and to play the piano for His glory. He annointed me to sign so the deaf can experience what we who can hear experience every time we go to church. He annointed me to work with the children and with the youth. I love to teach the young people, but how in the world can I teach them when I'm stil being taught myself about basic Biblical things that I've known my entire life? I understand that we are constantly being taught new things by the Spirit but I can't teach others when I'm in the position I've been in. I love to give advice and help others through situations that they're facing. I've lost my words. I used to be able to flow so well with the Spirit and help to guide people with Godly words, but the flow of words has been cut off from me for a long time. It's because I've stopped praying and drinking in His Word. I used to be an anointed altar worker, a lot like my mom. She and I used to pray for almost every person in the altar when the time came. I used to be sensitive to the needs of others and to the leading of the Spirit telling me to pray for people who were in need. I still did, but it was never like it used to be. I used to be confident in my vocal prayers, now I whisper under my breath the praises and needs I present before God. It says in the Bible to come before His throne with boldness. I've been anything but bold when bringing petitions before His throne.
Last night I realized how much pride and selfishness has been getting in my way of having the relationship I used to have with my Lord. I'm really trying to find the words to describe how I feel but nothing can. No word in the entire world could describe how I feel about getting my act together with God and getting OUR acts together with God(me and Andrew). We have both been called to ministry. To reach out to others and share our testimonies of where we've been and what we have come out of with the help and grace of God. But have we been doing that? No. Because of our pride and foolishness. The Amalekites have been attacking us from all sides because we've been weak. They attack when you're strong, but don't achieve their purpose, but when you're weak, you don't have the defense system to fight them...that's where they found us. They came, they fought, they destroyed in a sense our passion for God and the things of God. But now, we've come, we've fought and we've destroyed their influence on our lives. Granted, they will come again, but I beleive with all my heart that this is a new begining and God will grant us the strength and perseverance to fight back.
Thank You Lord for your never-ending mercy and grace! You are so worthy!
God bless you all
From my heart & soul,